Product Manager Unmanned Ground Vehicles
Provide the 21st Century Land Forces with a Family of Highly Mobile, Multi-Mission, Unmanned Ground Vehicles (UGVs) to support the Warfighter requirements across the entire spectrum of military conflict.
Be the Army’s Robotic Acquisition Center of Excellence; delivering Warfighter state of the art capabilities to approved schedule while meeting or exceeding affordability goals.
Support the Maneuver Center of Excellence (MCOE) and Maneuver Support Center of Excellence (MSCOE) schoolhouses with knowledge and expertise in robotic engineering, development, production, fielding, logistic support and modernization across the of the Army.
Man Transportable Robotic System, Increment II (MTRS Inc II)
A remotely operated, man-transportable, robotic system. MTRS Inc II provides a standoff capability to detect and confirm presence, identify disposition, and counter hazards by providing a base capability of carrying various platform payloads in support of current and future missions. MTRS Inc II supports Engineers, Chemical Biological Radiological Nuclear and Explosives (CBRNE), and Special Operations Forces.
Common Robotic System – Individual (CRS(I))
A man-packable (< 25lbs), miniature, highly mobile, unmanned robotic system with advanced sensors and mission modules for dismounted forces. Designed so that operators can quickly reconfigure for various missions by adding/removing modules and/or payloads.
Common Robotic Platform Enabling Payloads to Address the Operational Capabilities Gaps:
- Standoff short range Intelligence, Surveillance, & Reconnaissance (ISR)
- Remote Chemical, Biological, Radiological, and Nuclear (CBRN) detection
- Explosive Obstacle Counter Measure (EOCM) – Clear and Neutralize
- Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) – Render Safe
- Future Users: Engineer, Chemical, Biological, Radiological, and Nuclear (CBRN), Infantry (INF), and Explosive Ordnance Dispoasl (EOD)
FY 17 Program Objectives
- Award Man Transportable Robotic System Increment II (MTRS Inc II) Engineering & Manufacturing Development (EMD)/Production Contract
- Award Common Robotic System - Individual (CRS(I)) EMD Contract
- Execute Robotic Enhancement Program:
16.2 Evaluation and Report
- 17.1 Evaluation and Report
- 17.2 Evaluation
- Knowledge Point #2 Assessment
- 18.1 Preparation