Product Manager Appliqué and Large Unmanned Ground Systems
Develop, integrate, field and sustain both large unmanned ground platforms and appliqué systems that enable automated capability in existing and future platforms. Increasing Warfighter protection and standoff capability, plus lightening Warfighter burden with innovative technology in a cost effective requirements based environment.
Provide operationally relevant, affordable automated technology on large ground systems that benefit Warfighters and increase combat power.
Route Clearance Interrogation System (RCIS)
RCIS consists of two capabilities that are unmanned, semi-autonomously controlled, highly mobile platforms to support Route Clearance Platoons and the Brigade Combat Teams.
RCIS Type I
- Optionally manned or unmanned.
- High Mobility Engineering Excavator (HMEE) capable of enabling Soldiers to semi- autonomously interrogate, excavate, and classify deep buried explosive hazards, improvised explosive devices, and caches.
RCIS Type II (Emerging Program)
- Leverage technology and architecture from the RCIS Type I program
- Medium Mine Protected Vehicle/RG31 with mine roller controlled from a separate Route Clearance Vehicle
M160 Robotic Mine Flail
- Tele-operated Robotic system designed to protect Soldiers as they clear a minefield from a stand off distance.
- Rotating chain and hammer flail detonates or destroys antipersonnel mines in a path.
Leader Follower (Emerging Program)
Appliqué System linking unmanned Follower PLSs to a soldier-operated Leader PLS vehicle for increased throughput and Soldier protection both on the road and off road.
Squad-Maneuver Equipment Transport (S-MET) (Emerging Program)
- The S-MET will lighten the Warfighter’s load and sustain the force during operations.
- The S-MET will maneuver with the dismounted force and enable Warfighters to conduct operations carrying equipment required to conduct dismounted operations.