Product Manager Mobile Electric Power Systems
Research, develop, acquire, field, train, modernize, sustain and champion standardized Department of Defense mobile electric power solutions for Multi-Domain Operations.
Premier DoD resource to enable expeditionary power solutions for the warfighter.
Trust, Teamwork, and Transparency.
Product Manager Mobile Electric Power Systems (PdM MEPS) provides and integrates tactical and prime electric power (5-60 kW) generation and distribution systems solutions and capabilities for the Department of Defense (DoD) in support of national security to enhance the operational capability of the warfighter.
- 5kW-60kW Advanced Medium Mobile Power Sources Skid Mounted or Trailer mounted Power Unit/ Power Plants
- Power Distribution Illumination Systems Electrical (PDISE) M200, M100 – Three Phase Feeder System
- Improved Power Distribution Illumination Systems Electrical (IPDISE)
M40 – Three Phase Distribution System
M60 – Single Phase Distribution System
M46 – Utility Receptacle
2KW MILITARY TACTICAL GENERATOR (MTG):
The 2kW MTG sets, models MEP-501A and MEP-531A, are self-contained, skid mounted, portable units. They are equipped with the controls, instruments, and accessories necessary for operation as single units. The generator sets consist of a diesel engine, direct drive AC alternator, speed governing system, fuel system, 24V DC auxiliary cold weather starting system, and generator control system. The generator sets are portable and require a four-person lift. The generator sets can also be stacked three high while in storage.
- 120V AC 60 HZ
- 28V DC
- Modern Burner Unit, Mobile Kitchen Trailer
- RQ-7A Tactical Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (TUAV)
- Enhanced Position Location Reporting system (EPLRS)
- Assault Hose System (AHS)
- Woodworking Set
- High Mobility Artillery Rocket System (HIMARS)
- Prophet SIGINT System
- Tactical Messaging System
- Maintenance tent lights and battery charging system
- Power lights, laptops and miscellaneous support equipment
3KW TACTICAL QUIET GENERATOR (TQG):
The 3kW TQG sets, models MEP-831A and MEP-832A are self-contained, skid mounted, portable units. They are equipped with controls, instruments and accessories necessary for operation. The generator sets consist of a diesel engine, permanent magnet AC generator, control box assembly, output/load panel, primary and auxiliary fuel systems, enclosure cooling and ventilation system, engine exhaust assembly, and a 24V DC battery. The generator sets are designed to be used with any equipment requiring a small source of AC power and operates in a “Hot and Basic” climatic condition range of -25°F to +120°F. The generator sets are portable and requires a six-person lift.
- 120V & 120V/240V AC 60 HZ
- 120V & 120V/240V AC 400 HZ
- Weapons Systems
- Missile Systems
- C4I Systems
- Maintenance Support
- Supports Common Platforms
Small Tactical Electric Power (STEP):
STEP is a modernization program that will replace existing legacy systems (2kW Military Tactical Generator and the 3kW Tactical Quiet Generator). The STEP family of systems will provide improved tactical electric power capabilities for power generation requirements under 5kW. STEP will power a wide variety of mission equipment for expeditionary operations in remote and urban sites or in support of reconstruction / relief efforts. The STEP program consists of three Lines of Effort: STEP Lightweight (LW), STEP 3kW, and the STEP Hybrid Augmentation system. STEP variants will rely on different technical solutions.
- Hybrid/Auto-Start capability
- Parallel functionality
- Weight: STEP LW <84 lbs fueled; STEP 3kW <338 lbs fueled
Advanced Medium Mobile Power Sources (AMMPS):
The AMMPS family represents the next generation – a standard family of reliable, efficient, light weight, electronically controlled, diesel fueled power systems to support the Brigade Combat Team (BCT) on the 21st Century tactical battlefield.
- Available in 5kW, 10kW, 15kW, 30kW, and 60kW
- Skid and trailer mounted
- Replace all comparably sized TQGs starting FY11
- Consume less fuel, require fewer maintenance hours, have significantly better failure rates and allow for multiple set paralleling while providing high quality power in extreme operational and environmental conditions
- Electronically controlled with digital soldier interfaces
- Environmental Protection Agency compliant engines to reduce harmful emissions
Power Units and Power Plants (PU/PP) LTT and M200 Power Unit:
- Power Unit: Power units consist of a single generator (3 to 60kW) mounted on a trailer.
- Power Plant: Power plants consist of two generator sets per system, generally on a single trailer, but in a few cases, two trailers are used that are connectable.
Power Distribution Illumination System Electrical (PDISE):
The principal power distribution system for the Army is called the Power Distribution Illumination Systems Electrical (PDISE). PDISE is basically a more rugged version of home distribution boxes/panels (with various size circuits and circuit overload protection), plus the connecting cables and a utility subsystem.
- Man-portable electrical distribution system for safe, all-weather electrical power distribution from generator sets to multiple users (such as vehicles, shelters, field unit complexes, tents, etc.)
- Comes in four sizes of distribution boxes (40, 60, 100, and 200 Amps), connecting cables, and assemblage of utility extension cords, branch circuits and lighting equipment.
- Supports mobility by enabling quick assemble/dissemble.
- Various sizes allow selection to match generator sets from 5kW to 100kW.
PDISE was formally adopted by the Army in 1987, and more than 10,000 have been fielded to Active, Reserve and National Guard units. TOE authorizations for generator sets must be based on concurrent full application of PDISE -- they are a "package" deal for many applications. The PDISE system enables users to effectively distribute power to optimize generator usage.
Improved Power Distribution Illumination System Electrical (PDISE): IPDISE is the modernization Program of Record for the Army (and potentially throughout all DoD) Standard Family of electrical power feeder and distribution systems. IPDISE improves on the current PDISE system while integrating new technology to more efficiently distribute electricity from power sources to power users.